- This game defines a new sub-genre of real-time strategy games, quite unlike anything out there.
- Though this game is genre-defining, it will strongly appeal to those who like online RTSes and RPGs. If you like such games as StarCraft II, the Fire Emblem series or Fallout 3, you'll love this game.
- The game is a high-end indie game ("AAA indie game") featuring a highly-stylized realistic style, to be beautifully rendered by the Unity Engine.
- The single-player Story mode is about 20 hours long (which is impressive for an RTS game).
- In Conquest mode, the game goes on while you're offline and your stats are affected.
- The game comes with a PC/Mac standalone version of the game, along with an additional iOS/Android version of the game. This will allow players cross-platform gaming on the road to play others online regardless of platform and access their Conquest mode game stats online from their mobile devices. (A Linux computer version of the game would be supported via Chrome Native Client version of the game.)
- This game will be made to look beautiful no matter what you play it on. Whether you play it on your high-end computer or your smartphone or tablet. It will feature special consideration for controls and graphical capabilities for netbooks and ultrabooks.
- This game will feature a stellar soundtrack that truly make the atmosphere of Cyka as fantastic as the game plays.
- This game will be DRM-free.
- There will eventually be online tournaments and hosted events at indie gaming conventions around the U.S. and Canada (similar in the vein of StarCraft tournaments).
- PolyKhrome will enter the 15th Annual Independent Games Festival in 2013. (Even though this game won't be 100% finished by time for submission in Autumn 2012, there will still be enough of the game finished to showcase it. We are confident our game will win the grand prize.)
- The commercial release for Cyka is targeted at Autumn 2013. (This is about 6 months more than originally planned, but the game is pushed back due to a new larger scope of the game planned.)
- The expected price of the game is about $9.99.
- This game will be supported by a Kickstarter fundraiser (which is currently being organized). Early supporters of Cyka will receive special editions of the game earlier in Summer 2013 than the regular release targeted at Autumn 2013, which features exclusive special edition characters (exclusive to early supporters' special edition copy of Cyka) and a special edition Conquest mode (which will be available commercially).
- The special edition Conquest mode (called Cloud Quest mode) features an entirely new continent in the clouds (yes, a continent in the sky, which Cyka gazes at in the cinematics in Story mode) to explore and conquer, and we'll give it to the supporters, as our thanks. We will let you know when the Kickstarter will be available soon, and will be offering special editions of the game to early supporters.
- Early supporters through Kickstarter will exclusively receive monthly development release versions of the game, as well as some of our latest concept art and a special behind-the-scenes look at the making of Cyka, all the way up to the game's final release.
- Early supporters will also receive a sneak peak into our next two games lined up.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Some new details about Cyka
Here's some new details about PolyKhrome's debut game Cyka: